Dear Delicious Little Girl,
Two years ago yesterday, you came peacefully into the world, and immediately began howling. It was a day joyous beyond description for the people who love you.
Since then, we’ve learned a lot about you. Some things we learned right away:
- You like to be snuggled – but not every second.
- You are unafraid to use your voice to express yourself and your needs.
- You have a strong set of pipes.
- Your beautiful eyes can break hearts.
Other things it has been our privilege to watch developing:
- You love music and dancing.
- Your smile and your excitement are infectious.
- You are really into books and stories.
- You learn fast – when it comes to things you care about.
- Your verbal skills are, quite literally, off the charts.
- Your dramatic skills are also pretty stellar, especially the trembling pouty lip + tragic wilting combo.
- You know exactly what you want (even if it’s the opposite of what you wanted three seconds ago), and you will furiously stand up for it.
- You will try any new food that’s going – in fact, you insist upon it.
- You are independent such that if we weren’t watching, you would just wander right off without us.
- You are determined, and you really, really, really want to do it yourself.
- You are very observant of people, and somehow, you already understand how to be compassionate.
- You adore your big brother and want to do everything he does.
- Your cheeks are so kissable, we can hardly stand it.
- You give wonderful hugs.
There are many moments every day when I just marvel at the fact that we are the family who gets to take care of you.
Here is a little video to celebrate you. It includes many of the people who love you – but I wish it could show all of us who know the heartrending gratification of loving your adorable little self, and watching you grow. So fast.
Happy birthday, Sweetie. You’re the best.
[ad name=”Med Rec”]