How silly that the first week of November (which some call National Blog Posting Month) 2010, I was so busy and harried and generally off my rocker that I did not manage to blog AT ALL. I missed my very own Bloggiversary, November 2nd!
This time last year, I barely knew what a blog was, barely anyone knew I had a blog, and I didn’t fully know what to do with my blog. What I did know was that it felt good and right to be writing things, whether anyone read them or not. The diarist in me, which had lain mostly dormant for almost a decade, was like, “Um, THANK YOU… Why have you neglected me so horribly all these years??”
Here is my list of excuses. In the past week I managed to
- teach for two days (normally three, but one day was for report-writing);
- write my progress reports;
- rehearse for the school play, having just found out that my co-choreographer will be on bedrest from now on (for her pregnancy), so I’m doing the whole thing myself;
- fulfill my Treat Day responsibilities at work (if you’re on Thursday treats and you forget to bring anything… it’s a sad, bitter day in the staffroom);
- half-choreograph 2 pieces for the Mish Mash Belly Bash coming up in less than two weeks;
- go to my 2.5 hour dance rehearsal;
- meet for an extra practice with my co-dancer in the duet for the show;
- keep an evening date with friends I don’t see often enough;
- have a mom date;
- do a Pampered Chef party;
- read the 841-page The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (MOTL);
- host book club at my house (which included more treats and significant tidying – of course Sean is always extremely helpful on the housecleaning front);
- parent my kid, including trimming his nails (which he is loath to let me do);
- donate blood;
and a few other things that don’t lend themselves to being listed.
I’m not telling you this so you’ll be in awe of my abilities. I was not very punctual to many of these things; I didn’t eat too healthfully; I didn’t get whip myself into rock-hard shape like I’d planned; and my treats for school were all store-bought (although I have to say, if you use really cool serving dishes, people are more impressed).
And yet, a hectic week like that proves to me that I actually can get more done when I have less free time and more structure. It’s just that certain things fall by the wayside… like my blog. Which won’t do.
I think this week will be a lot easier. And once the show’s done… life will be a bowl of cherries!