Here we are at our 20th Baby Bits already!
(Hope you don’t mind my use of bullets in practically every post… I love them so.)
- E is still a Baby – he said so. Daddy asked him this morning, “Who’s a cutie-pie?” and he tapped his own chest and said, “Baby.” (He also apparently knows he’s a cutie-pie… which is not surprising since we can’t seem to stop ourselves from calling him that many times a day.)
- E also likes other Babies. Any small child he sees, even those quite a bit bigger than he is, he calls “Baby”. In books, he calls them “Baby” if they’re bald… and if they’re girls with hair, they’re “Doll”. Hmmm. This could be problematic later on.
- Moment that made me crack up first thing in the morning a few days ago: E on his potty, first go of the day, fussing screechily for some reason. Suddenly, he is startled from his fussing by his own tinkling in the potty; looks down in surprise, looks back up at me in delight, and exclaims, “Pee!” (The urinary discussion with Daddy the night before had evidently stuck with him.)
- Got his first cat scratch today, though he’s been asking for one for months… I kept reminding him and trying to help him be gentle, but he just really wanted to pull that tail. Long-suffering Nico drew blood and E was quite scared/upset. I think he’ll remember this for next time.
- Still not walking alone, but loves almost taking solo steps between Mama and Daddy for practice.
- Makes lots of funny faces I’m still hoping to capture digitally… There’s scrunchy-nose-with-imp-smile, scrunchy-nose-with-pout, surprised O-mouth, explanatory O-mouth (below), and many other permutations.
- Had his first ride in the car facing forward today! Looks so big and mature sitting up like that.
- Obsessed with bubbles, cars, cheese, green beans, fans, animals of all kinds…
- Remains the CUTEST AND BEST BABY EVER.