Posted on February 27th, 2010
About It’s Dilovely:
I like to call this blog “a blog for moms and people.”
Before you say, “Wait a sec… What kind of a title is that? Moms ARE people!”, I would like to state: that is exactly my point. There are jillions of Mom-blogs out there, but this is not really one of them. This is a blog not just for “Moms”. It is for:
a) Mothers who are also daughters, sisters, wives, partners, friends, professionals, hobbyists, businesswomen, enthusiasts, thinkers, conversationalists, and overall discerning humans; they are people who, although motherhood has changed and enriched (and, let’s face it, probably dominated) their lives, still enjoy reading, music, movies, philosophy, politics, and all kinds of other activities involving adults. Same goes for fathers.
b) People who are not parents, but who have an affinity with children and are still interested in Mom-ish things. They appreciate the travails that go with parenthood, they like a cute baby as much as the next guy, and maybe even know a few things about, say, breastmilk or poop, but they can still live in a world not centred around children, and they help the parents they know stay connected with things outside the family bubble.
If you’re reading, welcome! And thanks for coming. I would be thrilled and honoured if you would consider subscribing, so you’ll know right away when there’s a new post.
About the Author:
1. Taurus (born feet-first, unwillingly).
2. Claustrophobic who loves heights.
3. Confirmed girly-girl except she can throw decently and likes spiders, reptiles, and rodents.
4. Vegetarian foodie.
7. Quaker, born to Vietnam draft-dodger parents.
8. Political enough to rant occasionally.
9. French teacher extraordinaire.
10. Erstwhile traveller who barely strays beyond county lines these days.
11. Grammar geek + language junkie.
12. Collector of birth stories.
14. Crunchy tree-hugger (because “saving the planet” is a load of crap; the environmental movement should really be called “saving humankind’s ass”, so that people understand that caring about it should not be a choice, dammit. Sorry, compulsive mini-Di-atribe).
16. Mother of the cutest, most awesome little boy on the planet (who is actually a wizard, btw)… and the sweetest angel baby boy not on this planet… and a brand-new daughter! Love them all to the moon and back.
If you would like to contact me outside the comment section, please feel free to email me at itsdilovely [at] gmail [dot] com.