You know when you have an item called a “shoelace” or a “windshield wiper”, where its job is right there in the name, and it just has that one job to do… and it DOESN’T DO IT? It’s supposed to be useful, and then it isn’t. That is a pet peeve of mine.
Then there are those items that are meant to be useful, and They Are. They just work like a charm, and you think, “Ah! That was easy.”
If I were Oprah, I would send you all home from my show with a bunch of my favourite useful items. I would honestly start with this little charmer:
It’s my reading light. It clips onto the rung of my headboard. It’s super light-weight. Its charge lasts a long time, and then it’s easy to recharge. It’s very discreet so that I can read in bed without bothering Sean while he’s sleeping. The neck is totally flexible so I can twist it around. It fits easily into my night-stand drawer. And the light is plenty bright but also amber in colour, so that it doesn’t mess with my bedtime brain the way blue light does.
By the way, this is not a sponsored post. I am not organized enough to have affiliate links or any of that. I will not receive a kickback if you click through and purchase an item – but if you do, congrats! Great choice.
I’m not a huge shopper. I don’t consider retail excursions “therapy” – in fact, kind of the opposite. But to give credit where credit is due: some products truly do make life easier. If I were sending all my blog-readers all my favourite useful items, I’d also throw in:
- this amazing Pampered Chef scraper (I have two of these and they’re in use every day)
- some Xero Prio running shoes (the most comfortable-straight-from-the-box shoes I’ve EVER worn, and my feet are rarely truly happy in shoes)
- an Instant Pot, because obviously
- a whole rainbow package of InkJoy ballpoint pens, because their colours are so great
- a Quip electric toothbrush – I like it WAY better than the famous Oral B model
- some Badger lip balm (Tangerine Breeze is my fave)
… and probably several of other things. All those useful items that don’t cost a fortune but that do their jobs so well, they feel like helping friends. I am grateful for their cooperation. 🙂