It’s late already and I need to go to bed, but I thought I would just write a little something about gratitude. Every November I consider the few times I’ve done NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month, posting every day for 30 days) and think to myself, Could I do that again? And I answer myself NO.
But I recently read an article that encouraged writing a gratitude journal to combat the Covid-plus-winter depression that we’re all sure to feel to some degree or other. And then I read the kids’ school newsletter for November and it said the same thing: practice gratitude for mental health.
So today I’d like to say that I’m grateful for:
- the health of my family – which I don’t take for granted these days;
- the safe arrival of my big sis Emily and her newly transplanted hubby yesterday, after they’d traversed the US in all kinds of unfriendly weather – after also dealing with the chaos of packing/moving/selling a home… It’s AMAZING that they’re finally here!
- the fact that we procrastinated on removing the kitchen peninsula from the formerly-and-again separate apartment that we’re grateful to have as part of our home, so that it’s easier for said sister and brother-in-law to quarantine here right with us but not WITH us;
- our warm house and especially the fireplace, on the day of our first snow of the season (that stuck);
- all the ways that people made Halloween fun in spite of so much uncertainty;
- yesterday’s breathtaking full moon;
- THAT EXTRA HOUR OF SLEEP.
That is all I shall write. I also won’t overthink this writing. I also won’t include any pictures, because often that’s the difference between getting a blog post finished/published and NOT. Because it’s fiddly. I will ignore my official “Readability” and SEO scores, because WHO CARES. I’m beating away at those Covid blues, not trying to win any SEO awards (what a depressing thought).
I know I will feel more gratitude tomorrow – it’s one of my skills. So perhaps I will write something on November 2nd as well. After that… well, I won’t jinx it.
Please feel free to join me and share a gratitude comment! If you feel so moved. No pressure. 😛