Baby AB’s Fashion Blog – Issue #19: Tennis Style

Posted on June 13th, 2014

So. Biggest hiatus ever in the history of this blog. Jeepers.

Suffice it to say I’ve been itching to write  – oh, so many posts in my head – but was away for a whole week at leadership camp (MOTL) and returned home just in time for my firstborn’s fifth birthday (as yet herein uncommemorated! What?? MOTL) to throw myself into the maelstrom of yearbook and report cards.

So yeah. I’m breaking the silence with a frouffy post about my daughter in tennis dresses.

(It’s also slightly possible that I’m procrastinating because my reports aren’t done but my brain is friday-fried. Perhaps.)

Best part: it’s Then and Now.

First, classic tennis whites for a child too small to walk, cute pastel stripes because who doesn’t love stripes?

IMG 4343 Baby ABs Fashion Blog   Issue #19: Tennis Style IMG 4335 Baby ABs Fashion Blog   Issue #19: Tennis Style IMG 4337 Baby ABs Fashion Blog   Issue #19: Tennis Style

OMG she was so little and fuzzy-headed.

Then we have the outfit she wore on her big brother’s birthday, approximately a year later, in honour of his love for Angry Birds. This little number was handed down to us by a thoughtful friend who knew about AB’s nickname and knew she must have this.

IMG 6286 Baby ABs Fashion Blog   Issue #19: Tennis Style IMG 6290 Baby ABs Fashion Blog   Issue #19: Tennis Style

Still kinda fuzzy-headed. icon smile Baby ABs Fashion Blog   Issue #19: Tennis Style

I imagine you don’t see a lot of pink-with-sparkly-buttons-and-plaid-trim on the courts, but I’m sure my kid could pull it off. She may be even be a fashion leviathan someday.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

9 Responses to “Baby AB’s Fashion Blog – Issue #19: Tennis Style”

14 June, 2014 at 1:08 am

she is a fashion leviathan if i ever saw one.

17 June, 2014 at 9:20 am

I guess you’re right. The other day she was getting downright imperious about wearing purple (even though she can’t identify purple when she sees it).

14 June, 2014 at 2:49 pm

It’s the pose in the last picture, goes with the windblown hair – that slightly melancholy, apart-from-the-world affect (yep, I mean “affect”, not “effect”) that professional models learn to do so well. She’s a natural.

Locks are too long to qualify as “fuzzy” now, I think – more, um, tousled? careless?

17 June, 2014 at 9:21 am

Haha! So true! Even the downcast eyes are a model thing. And yes, definitely tousled. :)

3. Quinnsies
    16 June, 2014 at 9:54 am

She’s so cute! I love her long hair! Di, don’t worry, we readers never notice your long hiatuses! Not that we don’t love frequent posts, but just know you are not even remotely being judged. <3

17 June, 2014 at 9:24 am

Thank you, Quinnsies! I do think I am harder on myself than most other people are (on me)… I guess it’s true what they say about us being our own worst critics most of the time. I miss you!

17 June, 2014 at 10:31 am

Hahahaha! do you mean she was demanding to wear purple, or refusing to wear it? You could just mess with her and tell her everything was purple! (I’m sure that’d help with her colour comprehension.)

17 June, 2014 at 12:42 pm

It was like this:
      AB: I wanna wear flowers.
      Mummy: OK, here’s a dress with flowers.
      AB: I want pink.
      Mummy: This IS pink.
      AB: Uh… I want purple.
      Mummy: Sigh.

Then this morning:
      Daddy: Here are some nice shorts!
      AB: I want pink.
      Daddy: These ARE pink. (He was lying. They were purple.)
      AB: These are PURPLE.

So she’s onto us, or something.

17 June, 2014 at 2:13 pm