Baby AB’s Fashion Blog – Issue #4: “Innocent Lilac”

Posted on May 20th, 2013

Happy Victoria and First Peoples Day!

It’s been a gorgeous summery day that was supposed to be raining. (And last week on Mother’s Day it snowed. WTF, FTW!)

Today’s feature is actually from today, for once. A beautifully simple dress, bequeathed by my friend Sally, that begs to be paired with lilacs in full bloom. CHECK! (Lilacs are among my top favourite things I would miss if I didn’t live on this planet.)

IMG_3966

Sweet little decorative rose, petal sleeves, a bit of lace at the bottom. Understated, sophisticated. Right?

IMG_3970

Works with magenta crab apple blossoms too. ALL the trees are blooming at once!!

The simplicity allows for some fancier shoes – also handed down, from Karissa. They’re too big yet, but whatever. Also too gorgeous to pass up.

IMG_3974

I’m going to miss the dents-for-knees stage.

Of course, you can’t spend all day in elegance. Nearly Naked Napping is essential on warm holiday weekends.

IMG_3988

Under the ceiling fan.

Speaking of nudity, E had some too.

lunapic_136910182484335_2

SUMMER HAPPY!

I hate to censor the joyful little dude, but I figure the face is worth posting. Fully Naked Pool-Splashing face. When I look at this photo, I want to remember how he read the words on the hose-nozzle to Papa all by himself (“mist”, “flat”, “jet”, “spray”, and “flood” – although he put the “ooh” sound in flood).

I love those kids so much.

8 Responses to “Baby AB’s Fashion Blog – Issue #4: “Innocent Lilac””

20 May, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Yes, if you can hear me from the living room, I am laughing at the censored picture. OEMGEE that is the best thing ever. Laughing so I’m crying.

Um, the other kid is cute too.

And yay hose-reading!

20 May, 2013 at 11:25 pm

Yeah… it’s good how he has these awesome moments. And how I don’t take pictures of the whiny ones. 🙂

20 May, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Yeah, it’s all worth it, right? I like the colour coordination in the warm weather nap, too.

20 May, 2013 at 11:26 pm

True!

21 May, 2013 at 11:48 am

also, in the lilac-dress photos she looks like Auntie Beth to me.

4. dilovelyadmin
    21 May, 2013 at 12:03 pm

There is a resemblance. Fo sho.

5. berty
    21 May, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Awww. Both of you look beautiful. So happy! And that nap one is – yes – simply precious. And the hose one. Such a happy little hoser!

22 May, 2013 at 8:00 pm

We think she looks like Baby Bethy.

Haha – HOSER! Yer funny. I love you.