Wordless Wednesday: My kid is obsessed with Photo Booth

E alien photo booth
Alien setting
E and Mama aliens photo booth
Alien family
E and Mama block head photo booth
Block head
E and Mama bugs photo booth
Bug setting
E and Mama chipmunk photo booth
Chipmunk setting
E and Mama frogs photo booth
Frog setting
E big chin photo booth
The Big Chin
E block head photo booth
Solo blockhead
E punky nose twirl photo booth
Subtle nose twirl makes him look punky, like there’ve been fisticuffs.
E tweaky ear photo booth
Hee hee.
E twirly face photo booth
Twirly face
E vortex face photo booth
Vortex face
E shines photo booth
Shiny boy
E mirror face photo booth
Mirror setting
E mirror hair photo booth
Almost gone!
E eye
A bit too close…
E in love photo booth
I think the “hearts” setting is cheesy – and yet this is my favourite. Such a great smile, just like his Daddy.

8 thoughts on “Wordless Wednesday: My kid is obsessed with Photo Booth

1. emerge says:

OMG. The top one alone is enough to go viral.

I also love Frog – SCARY.

I don’t think my photobooth has the Hearts setting – awww!

­čÖé <3

2. Beth Lopez says:

I’m thinking how different the experiences of today’s children are compared to those of my children and, even more, to my experiences. I remember playing in the woods behind the house, watching my cat eat a mouse under the back porch and getting so excited because we were the first family on the block to have a TV. My daughter played with one of the first computers – a Kapro, during high school and my grandsons can manipulate a computer with the ease that I could bounce a ball against the wall in my childhood. The world has certainly changed in 60 years.

• dilovelyadmin says:

Beth, indeed – things have changed an insane amount in the last 60 years, or even the last 20. But we still try to keep the good simple things in there (stories, play dough, sand, wading pool, bike, hikes, rocks, sticks…).

3. Mama says:

Hey, E – good way to have fun on a cold, cloudy day such as we’ve been having, isn’t it?

However, as a society we shouldn’t let go completely of the joys Beth describes (well, maybe the cat and mouse thing isn’t exactly a joy, but you know what I mean), which is why Camp NeeKauNis is giving plenty of serious consideration to how much electronics usage can be permitted during a camp programme and how much should be banned. We need to connect with forces such as water and trees, wind and soil. And for those who don’t know, there are hardly any bigger Camp boosters than the two peculiar folks shown in the photos above!

Beth, honey – we should talk!

• dilovelyadmin says:

Mama, I am very grateful that Camp is still as unplugged as it is. If I had to unplug completely to go there, I would be glad to do it.

4. Beth says:

I really don’t know that my experiences were better or more useful than those of kids today. They were just very different. I was only commenting on the changes in the world.
    The kids of today will grow up and need to function in a world even more different than today’s world. They certainly need those experiences you’re giving him.
    As for Camp, last time I was there I had a computer with a rocket stick so I could Skype with my husband who was back in Vancouver and long distance is expensive. The reception is very iffy. And when people learned I had a computer, there were a few google searches by others. It’s very hard to give up free long distance face to face contact and Google.

5. Beth says:

Also, watching the cat eat the mouse was wonderful. Three year olds don’t have the “ickI factor going yet. It was just fascinating. I also remember a great hour watching ants walking back and forth in and out of an ant hill.