My kid is going to Hogwarts for sure.

Posted on October 6th, 2011

I know you guys have read a lot of sad posts lately, for which I’m eternally grateful. But how about a smiley post for a change? If this one doesn’t make you smile, I’ll eat a Bowtruckle.

I’ve been thinking about this wee project ever since the spring, when we were on a hike with Grammie and Papa and E picked up a stick (natch) and started gesturing grandiosely with it. We knew the li’l gaffer had potential.

This is also a shout out to Skye, who is my Harry Potter buddy. We’ve been peers on the Harry Potter Geek-Out Fan Scale for a long time, but recently she has been putting me to shame. Through her dedication, she is the one responsible for me a) getting tickets to the midnight VIP premiere to HP 7.2, and b) getting a beta-test membership on Pottermore.com. (We are both Hufflepuff! GO NICE PEOPLE!) So this is my attempt to give back. icon smile My kid is going to Hogwarts for sure.

(By the way, BD, if you still haven’t read past book one, I’m sorry. You don’t get to watch this. Go do your reading RIGHT NOW.)

A note about the camel: I asked E, after we did all the filming, “So, if you had a Patronus, what do you think it would be? What animal do you relate to?” Instead of saying “Yeah,” (which is what he says when he doesn’t understand the question) he thought for a second or two, and said matter-of-factly, “A camel.” So there’s no quibbling about this.

A note about the costuming: I had no idea, when I bought that hoodie for myself, that it would have such an illustrious future. Same goes for that chopstick.

Coming soon: the Gag Reel!

12 Responses to “My kid is going to Hogwarts for sure.”

1. Amanda
    6 October, 2011 at 10:39 pm

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

2. krista
    6 October, 2011 at 10:47 pm

That was AWESOME!! :D (and I was smiling by “bowtruckle” so you won’t have to eat one).

3. Suze Corte
    6 October, 2011 at 10:52 pm

I guess you already know that Quinn is in Pottermore and was sorted into Gryffindor. I loved your short film…your boy is a natural and you’re such a fun mommy!!!

6 October, 2011 at 11:05 pm

YAY! YAY! Good thing you didn’t do alllll the spells, so there can be a sequel! :)

6 October, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Fanbloodytastic!

6. Rachel McQuail
    6 October, 2011 at 11:48 pm

Unbelievable! I can’t get over Everett’s vocabulary. I really need to figure out some way for my son to hang out with yours so that he can learn all Everett’s magic tricks! ;) Truly fantastic!!

7. Anne Fitzsimmons
    7 October, 2011 at 9:53 am

As a big Harry Potter fan who was having a melancholic day – that made my heart sing ! Thank you

8. Heather
    7 October, 2011 at 12:58 pm

That was fantastic — I couldn’t stop smiling and now I have to share with my co-worker who is also a big Harry Potter fan. You are so creative, as always!!

9. Bethy
    7 October, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Wow, I can’t believe his Patronus is a camel. What does this mean?
    I love you guys. That was ridiculous!!

10. Carol Leigh Wehking
    7 October, 2011 at 10:40 pm

when MY nephew Ben was about E’s age, he once solemnly told me as we were riding in my truck, “the dromedary is a camel with one hump.” this boy i s clearly the nephew …

11. Quinn
    8 October, 2011 at 7:01 pm

OH MY GOD. Just watched this. Ohhhh my God. I’ve never seen anything so great, EVER! Excellent spell vocabulary, and he’s got the swish-and-flick DOWN! Can I share this with a couple of friends? Too cute.

12. diblog
    8 October, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Quinn, and everyone, please feel free to share if you want! E has given his permission.