10 thoughts on “Kudos to the Kindergarten Teachers

1. Mama says:

“in a kindergarten classroom, at any given time, chaos is only a hairsbreadth away” – sort of like raising kids in general. Or Life…

I wish you were MY kindergarten teacher!

2. Beth says:

I taught a kindergarten/grade one split one year. K is THE hardest grade to teach and I so respect Christiane who just retired after teaching Immersion K for 35 years, loving it every day for the entire time.

3. Mr. A. says:

All I can say is “thank you”… as usual I’m struck by your stellar ability to encapsulate moments and thoughts with your pen…er…keyboard.

4. Amanda says:

I can think of four kindergarten teachers right off the top of my head that have touched the lives of students and parents in such a positive way. And I was just wondering….Can we play yet? 🙂

5. Carol Leigh Wehking says:

Di, your uncle G. when he was a little 5-year-old tyke walked home at the first recess because he figured that must surely be a whole day! Five-year-olds are a truly wonderful slice of humankind, embodying all the diversity there is. I knew a little boy who had ADHD and had a LOT of trouble attending to what was said, staying focused, and sitting at all still. What he would sit completely still for and attend to with amazing focus was storytelling. You might enjoy reading this book: http://www.storytellers-conteurs.ca/reviews/kuyvenhoven-johanna.html
    And i think Mr. A’s creative use of song is brilliant – addresses the other side of the brain, too.

6. diblog says:

Beth, Christiane must be truly extraordinary – the stamina! Amazing.
    Suze, at our school all the K classes are split junior and senior together, which means the newbies can buddy up with the more experienced students. It’s pretty cool… but then you also have huge gaps, especially when there are JKs who arrive when they’re still only three years old!
    Mr. A, no no. Thank YOU.
    Tova, we love the parents that Rock!
    Carol Leigh, I have definitely noticed that story time works like a charm – even though I still need the book in front of me. 🙂 They all get on board.

7. Krista says:

I have the utmost respect for the Kindergarten teachers (and the Early Childhood Educators who work with them now) at our school. They do amazing things! My class always has “buddies” with one of the K classes and it’s neat to get to know them even though I don’t get them for a few more years…