7 thoughts on “Day One, Part II

1. bang says:

diana, i’ve written and deleted and rewritten and deleted what i’ve wanted to say here about – without hyperbole – 30 times. however, without any eloquence or exaggeration if you need absolutely anything we are here at your disposal at any time day or night. our hearts are broken for you and of course this right does not come because they are broken but because we are friends.

2. Barry Waldman says:

Diana –
    Your reflections are eloquent and moving. I hope it is a source of serenity that you are able to feel your feelings fully yet process them with such clarity.

Love to you and your family,
    Barry

3. Carol Leigh Wehking says:

i cried through this post, too, of course – you are so eloquent, it’s impossible not to live the experience with you. i’m so glad that you haven’t been derailed from doing all that you need to do. i know that your agonizing grief will subside to a bearable sadness, but i also know that there are many dreadful moments yet to come, and you and Sean will need to call upon one another’s strength again and again. thank goodness you have this mutually sustaining strength and love. i’m holding you tenderly in my heart.

4. Carrie says:

We have been thinking of all of you every day for the last two weeks…..Taking photos of your beautiful baby boy is a beautiful testament your ‘Sebastian-Angel’. Anyone can tell by the love in these words how cherished he will ALWAYS be.

5. Mama says:

I’ve only just read this, home from Family Camp. Oh, sweet daughter, if I could have done anything to spare you this I would have! I, too, am crying (again…), but though mostly because of shared grief, it’s at least partly because I always cry when something is very, very beautiful, and your evocation of the whole experience is that. You are brave and awesome.

6. Mary says:

Di, I’ve finally read these posts of yours. My heart reaches out to you and Sean. I think about you often and completely understand the need to express your grief through writing. I’m glad you and Sean got to spend time with your precious Sebastian and also that B had been there for much of your situation. She is SUCH a good midwife. Mike and I are here if you need anything at all. Thank you for being so open and for sharing your story.