15 thoughts on “Day One: Bereaved Parents

1. Carol Leigh Wehking says:

oh, Diana, my sunshine.

i cry while reading it, and feel sure that’s true of everyone else who reads. your gift of being able so fluently to write is crucial to your healing, i know. thank you for sharing it with us, your bereaved extended family. sending love to you and Sean and Everett.

2. Arwen says:

(And I don’t think ‘awkward’ sounds callous but instead sounds really true; a dimension to the loss of a near-term baby that is different than so many other sorts of loss.)

3. Naomi says:

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will be thinking of you all in the coming weeks. I’m sure Sebastian was beautiful and will live in your hearts forever.

4. Lili says:

Dearest Diana and Sean I sit hear through tears reading about what you had to go through. I am so sad for you and cannot imagine what you have gone through. I wish you peace and healing. Sebastien was so blessed to be loved by two beautiful parents like you. In firendship, Lili

5. Andrea says:

Diana, I wish there was something comforting I could say, but I just can’t imagine what it would be. I can’t begin to imagine your experience, but I wanted to let you know that reading your posts has been such a bittersweet experience. Your pain is so clear but the way that you are walking through this is so amazing to me. Your insightfulness, bravery and open heart are truly an inspiration. Thank you for giving at a time that is so challenging.

6. emerge says:

Thank you for sharing this with us. There are tears being shed for Sebastian and for you, far and wide. A small tribute, but a heartfelt one.