Posted on September 21st, 2010
I apologize for not managing to post this until Tuesday… because…
- Sunday we had major step-taking!! We took E to great-step-grandma’s birthday party, lots of folks around to watch/catch him… he was on a roll. At one point he was walking to Daddy, who was skilfully backing up to maximize steps, and I counted fifteen! He’s finally taking off.
Not as urgent but also cool:
- Word phrases like “go in”, “tray off”, and “baby bear” are the latest thing.
- The other day, E took one look at our River Run Centre pamphlet and declared that Sean Cullen was Dada, and kissed him promptly. And it was cute, because there is a certain resemblance… but then after that, Joel Plaskett, Denzal Sinclaire, and Hawksley Workman were also Dada (you can page through the pamphlet to see them)… and eventually so were Tigger and Winnie the Pooh. Not quite as discerning as we thought. At least Chantal Kreviazuk got to be Mama.
- We had a great visit with some friends last evening, with munchkins aged 5 months, 10 months, 15 months, and 3.5 years. I learned an important distinction: if they’re mostly still just cuddly, they’re muffins, but if they’re able to wiggle and “jump around”, they’re monkeys.
- E paid me a compliment this morning. As I buckled him into his car seat, he fingered my necklace and said, “Pretty.” It definitely boosted my self-image on my way to work.
- Here’s a wee video for your viewing pleasure. Sorry, not toddling… but demonstrating his ability to think outside the box.