Here’s something one learns amongst groups of Quakers: sit in a circle and spill your hypes and gripes (i.e. what are you happy and not happy about today?). It’ll do you good.
Gripes this week:
- Being reminded, again, that I am not as nice, patient, competent, reasonable, efficient, or able to handle stress as I used to be
- Knowing that this due in large part to approximately 430 consecutive nights of fragmented sleep, and they’re not over yet
- Having a medium-sized meltdown thinking about what a vicious circle it is – frustration builds up and makes one impatient with one’s child, which makes one feel worse but then even less likely to be patient…
- Encountering idiot motorists who believe, for example, that it’s acceptable to rev, pass, speed, and tailgate like a racecar on a nice country road (and in an Acura, not a Ferrari or anything), or that they’re sooo special that they shall just shoot on past and cut into a huge traffic jam right where the second lane ends, instead of lining up and waiting it out like the rest of us
- Inconsistent auto-formatting in my bill-paying spreadsheet – after all of the above, I was ready to disembowel my computer for this infraction
Hypes this week:
- E giving lots of kisses, clapping his hands, hugging his stuffed animals, eating, finally saying the word “nipple” all on his own (well, it’s more like “nih-noh”, but he made it clear what he was referring to), and turning from the wall and ending up at the bed unassisted – one whole step!
- My pedicure, in Conga-Line Coral
- Strawberries and blueberries in season
- Visiting with a mom friend and watching her little cocoa baby and my ultra-white baby playing together (they even gave each other kisses!)
- Harry Potter, The Exhibition at the Ontario Science Centre! MOTL.
- Going to Family Camp tomorrow. 🙂 We’ll see if I manage to achieve my goal of a photopost per day for y’all.