Feeling a Tad Overwhelmed

Posted on June 17th, 2010

Whenever I’m feeling like I don’t quite have a handle on everything, it’s time to make a list. Just putting stuff next to bullets makes life seem more orderly.

• I am a chronic overcommitter.
  • I’m performing tomorrow with Invoketress for the Belly Blush – a veil piece with a princess theme, ooh pretty.
  • I have to fix my costume first, because as of now, there’s something distinctly un-pretty about how it fits.
  • I obsess over looking at real estate listings for houses I can’t afford.
  • Money is tight this summer – why am I looking at those houses again?
  • I should come up with a get-rich-quick scheme. Yeah, that’s the ticket.
  • I should really book some Pampered Chef shows, but calling people for such a purpose makes me nervous.
  • Baby E has been resisting bedtime quite a bit recently.
  • Furthermore, he’s not even really a baby anymore! sniff.
  • In the past two days, he has proven that he can safely get himself down off our bed, sliding backwards until his feet touch the floor. Little smartie!!
  • School will be done in two weeks.
  • The students are evidence of this: they can barely contain themselves.
  • I’m not blogging as often as I think I should.
  • I wish I could stick better to my fitness routines.
  • Camp still needs a lifeguard.
  • If I had a day completely to myself, where would I start? Play piano, write, read, cook, dance, stretch, clean up? Or… probably… just sleep.
  • I seem to have too many ideas in my head ALL THE TIME.
  • So much so that this list is getting silly and it’s not even done…
  • At least I DIDN’T HAVE TO DO REPORT CARDS! Youppi!
  • Plus, la vie est belle. I haven’t forgotten.

8 Responses to “Feeling a Tad Overwhelmed”

1. Amanda
    17 June, 2010 at 10:47 pm

Oh my goodness it must be in the air. I am COMPLETELY overwhelmed too! So much so that I can not even bring my self to make the list. Sending you love!

2. Auntie CL
    17 June, 2010 at 11:58 pm

oh my goodness, Diana!! you say “I’m not blogging as often as I think I should.”
    what about “Just write. See what happens.” ???

this is what happens! you make it into a SHOULD instead of an option or a pleasure. get a grip!!

• diblog
      18 June, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Interesting choice of words… The problem seems to be that my grip is TOO grippy. Once I take on something, I have great difficulty giving it up. And part of the reason I think I should blog more is because it IS a pleasure – just one I have to shove to the side all too often. (Yes, my life is so rough, ha ha.)

3. Bev
    18 June, 2010 at 10:46 am

Oooh. You sound a lot like me. I say I’m retired, but… A big difference is I give the baby back to you at the end of the afternoon!

4. Bev
    18 June, 2010 at 10:48 am

And oh, yes – he’s still a baby. He’s not even officially a toddler, since he can’t toddle on his own yet. And it’s only separate words – not really TALKING yet. So, he’s a baby. Just a big, smart one. If he had a three-year-old sibling you’d KNOW he’s the baby!

• diblog
      18 June, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Thanks for saying that… I WANT him to still be a baby, but I’m not sure where the line is. Is it the walking?

5. 18 June, 2010 at 5:58 pm

Nope. It’s the “Go ahead and walk away from me. I don’t care if I’m sitting on a picnic blanket in the fog by myself, all alone; I don’t need you guys anymore.” moment.

That’s when you know he’s not a baby anymore.

• diblog
      18 June, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Awwwwwwwww. That makes me make the sad face.